Invest in Hollywood Movies today. Enter Site > Click here

Contact us today > Click here

________________________________________________________________________

THE MOVIE FUND BLOG

Independent Film Investors | Hedge Fund Investors | Hedge Fund Investments | Film Investors | Film Investment | Film Financing | Film Financing Companies | Film Finances |  Film Finances Inc | Film angel investors | Movie Crowdfunding | Crowdfunding Film | Film Finance | Film angel investors | Crowdfunding Movies | Crowdfunding Film | Film Financing | Film Finance

FILM INVESTMENTS

Film Investments and Investing in a film can be rewarding, exciting and profitable, but it can also be risky so it is important that you carry out due diligence before handing over any monies.  Some films make it big, some don’t; some films turn a healthy profit, others don’t.  The film industry believes that around 60% of movies produced in a year don’t succeed; for the remaining 40%, the outlook is much healthier and these films have often produced a good return on investment for film investors.  And there are also the films that cost next-to-nothing to make in studio terms, think Blair Witch Project and My Big Fat Greek Wedding, that have gone on to make millions in profit.

silentlambsHowever it doesn’t always follow that just because a movie has been a flop in the cinema, it doesn’t mean that the movie will be a flop elsewhere, i.e. in the overseas market in the format of video-on-demand, DVD and Blu-Ray disk rental, etc.

There are a variety of ways in which to invest in films; via a hedge fund or movie fund, directly with a producer or studio, via GAP financing, through private investment pools, or via crowd funding.  In addition, in some countries, film investment often goes hand-in-hand with tax incentives and rebates, i.e. the EIS scheme in the UK.

For private investors, there is usually a minimum level of investment required, i.e. £50,000 or £100,000 either for an individual film or slate of films.  However, a film investments or movie investment brings with it a range of benefits, such as film set visits, signed copies of scripts, rubbing shoulders with the stars, exclusive access to film festivals worldwide, and even the possibility of cameo roles in the film you have invested in.

President Obama’s latest initiative, the JOBS Act, will mean that filmmakers will find it easier to raise film investments.  The new law changes the way companies file their financial paperwork and allows more investors into the film project, as well as other new initiatives for filmmakers.

seanconneryursulaandres

With the economic crisis worldwide, there are many investors that are looking to place their invest elsewhere, and the film industry appears to be the next best option; films, cinema, movies, television, online, mobile, DVD, Blu-Ray – these media will always be popular with the consumer as they seek entertainment.  Spreading your investment across a slate of movies or film projects will broaden the potential of a healthy return on film investments.

______________________________________________________________________________________

FROM THE MOVIE FUND BLOG:

movie fund | financing movies  | hedge fund film financing | Hollywood hedge Funds | film finance | movie funding | movie investor | movie investors | film investors | independent film investors | invest in a movie | movie investments | find angel investors | film investments | film investment companies | invest in movies | invest in a movie | film funding companies | movie investing | film finance company | movie investing | investing in films | investing in movies  | movie film crowdfunding | financing movies | independent film investing | investing in film | finance films |movie finance | film financing | film financing companies | film finance | film financiers | film funding | finance movie | movie investors | film finance inc | film finances | film funds | hedge fund investments | invest in movies